Bout of Books 20 is almost here, y’all!! An entire week devoted to reading my little heart out – what more could I ask for, amiright? If you would like to join me in this pursuit, you can still sign up here.
This will be my second time participating in Bout of Books. The first round was Bout of Books 10, way back in 2014. It was my first readathon ever, and I had tons of fun! I’m even more excited this time around because I won’t be going it alone – several friends from one of my book clubs will be joining me, and I just know we are going to rock this thing! I also plan to participate in some of the challenges and giveaways, which I did not do the first time. I am all in this time around, y’all!!
Now, on to my goals. Please keep in mind that as I am also currently preparing for our new homeschool year, some days may prove more challenging than others…
Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading.
- Read between 4-6 hours each day
- Participate in at least one challenge
- Keep in touch with friends also participating in BoB 20
- Have a blast!!
Books to Read
- Including, but not limited to:
- All Our Wrong Todays by Elan Mastai
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Lost Ones by Sheena Kamal
- A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena
- The Personal History of Rachel Dupree by Ann Weisgarber
- The Sisterhood of Blackberry Corner by Andrea Smith
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
All of the books I’ve selected are library check-outs. I think it’s a good mix: my August book club pick, a classic, a couple of new releases, some African-American fiction, and a little YA to finish things off. If I’m able to keep up with my goal of reading 4-6 hours a day, then I will of course have to add books to this list. And it is highly possible that one or more of the books I’ve listed won’t strike my fancy on the day I pick it up and I will have to find a replacement – I am most definitely a mood reader, and can’t always rely on planned lists like this.
That’s all I’ve got for you today, folks. I’m super-excited to get started on Monday morning and will keep you totally in the loop with daily updates here on the blog and on the Pathologically Literate Facebook Page. Until then, y’all, Happy Reading!!