Whew! November was a crazy busy month here in the Pathologically Literate household, y’all, and am I glad it is over. C’mon, December – hit me with your best shot!! Despite the craziness of November, I was able to read a total of eighteen books and participate in a five-day Thanksgiving Readathon. Thus, I’m not complaining too much.
Here’s a list of everything I read in November:
- Close Enough to Touch by Colleen Oakley
- The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
- Malagash by Joey Comeau
- A Meatloaf in Every Oven by Frank Bruni and Jennifer Steinhauer
- Truth or Beard by Penny Reid
- The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg
- Grin and Beard It by Penny Reid
- Beard Science by Penny Reid
- Beard in Mind by Penny Reid
- The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith
- Beauty and the Mustache by Penny Reid
- Rabbit: The Autobiography of Ms. Pat by Patricia Williams
- Far From The Tree by Robin Benway
- A Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean
- Saints and Misfits by S.K. Ali
- One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
So… November, 2017 was the unofficial Month of Cheesy Romance Novels. I loved getting to know the Winston Brothers, and started on a Sarah MacLean series as well. In fact, there were several great reads this month, however, my favorite novel by far was The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg. Berg has been one of my favorite authors for about twenty years now, but her last few books have really been hit or miss for me. Folks, with The Story of Arthur Truluv, that old Berg magic is back!! Arthur stole my heart about two minutes in and, nearly a month later, has yet to give it back.
Now that December is here, I have twelve more books to read to reach my unofficial goal of reading 225 books in 2017. Piece of cake, y’all!! In fact, barring natural disasters, I believe I shall surpass that goal. Yay, me!! Keep your eyes peeled in January for an update on my Bookish Resolutions for 2017. Until then, friends – Happy Reading!!