Y’all, I am so honored to say that I was recently nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by one of my very favorite book bloggers: Cathy at 746 Books! She, and her blog, are awesome and I take it as a compliment of the highest order that she has bestowed this upon me. In order to accept this award, there are a few things I am required to do:
- Thank and provide a link to the amazing person who nominated me (check!).
- List the rules and display the award in this post.
- Share seven facts about myself.
- Nominate 10 other amazing blogs and leave them emails/comments to let them know.
- Optional: Proudly display the award badge on my blog and follow the blogger who nominated me (check, check!!).
I always cringe when someone says to me, “Tell me something about yourself…” That said, here are seven random facts about moi:
1. I read approximately 4 – 7 books each week.
It’s true, I read like a crazy woman. I have since I was a young girl. Reading is my way of relaxing, of escaping reality and recharging. It is the balm upon my soul.
2. If I didn’t have a book blog, I would try my hand at a homemaking blog.
I love reading homemaking blogs and imagining myself wearing cute little aprons as I expertly care for my home and family. Dorky, I know, but true.
3. I am a homeschooling mom.
I took the leap this past Fall and pulled my son out of public school so we could homeschool. It has been wonderful and I haven’t regretted my decision once. I wish I could have done this years ago.
4. I am addicted to chapstick. Seriously. I need therapy.
This is my current favorite.
5. I am obsessed with vintage linens and quilts.
Sheets, pillowcases, quilts, dish towels, and tablecloths. I adore them. They remind me of my Grandma Choo-Choo. If I had the money I would have them on all my beds and in my kitchen. Etsy would be my playground!
6. I want chickens. Lots of chickens.
A while back, I accidently happened upon this website, and I found my calling in life. Backyard Chickens! Someday I hope to live on an acreage, but until then I just want a small little coop in my backyard with two to three chickens. It makes me so happy just thinking about it. Cluck!
7. I’m moving in three weeks and haven’t even started packing yet.
This is my world. I am the Queen of Procrastination. I can be very orderly and actually have quite a few OCD tendencies, but that’s not until I get started with what it is I need to be doing. Until then, I hide in a corner with a book.
All righty then, that’s enough about me. Let’s talk about some of the wonderful bloggers who I adore and admire out there on the interwebs:
- Jessica at Quirky Bookworm was the first book blogger I ever discovered, and opened the door to a whole new world for me!
- Amanda at Dead White Guys, Etc. is brilliantly witty and never fails to make me think – and laugh quite a bit while doing so.
- Kelly at the Well-Read Redhead was one of my first commenters when I first started out, giving me support that I really needed. She’s also a semi-new SAHM and is training for a half-marathon – go, Kelly!
- Taryn at Reading With Hippos has an upbeat blog with a great premise – she only writes recommendations vs. reviews. Her mother always told her that if you can’t say anything nice, then don’t say anything at all – so that’s exactly what she does. Love it!
- Matt at A Guy’s Moleskin Notebook has great taste in books and writes awesome reviews. He is also one of the first book bloggers I started following back in the day.
- Sarcasm (my favorite!) abounds at The Reader’s Respite. Two other awesome things about Michele: she’s an airline pilot and she can name every character of My Little Pony.
- Read Aloud Dad takes his twins’ literature seriously. Reading with kids is a cause close to my heart as well, and I appreciate his dedication.
- Heather at Book Addiction reads some mad good books and writes mad good reviews!
- Julie at Booking Mama is another SAHM who funnels her passion for books into a blog for all of us voracious readers. She happens to be a runner, too. (What’s with these SAHM runners? Did I miss that part of the job description?)
- Serendipitous Readings is a tumblr. blog with tons of great pics and graphics. I love browsing through her site on slow days.
I don’t want to put pressure on anyone. If my chosen bloggers choose not to take part in this, I don’t mind at all. I follow many blogs and find them all inspiring. Thank you to all of you out there in the book blogosphere for doing what you do. Keep fighting the good fight, y’all!
Enjoy this post?
Visit the upper right sidebar to sign on for FREE regular updates!