Our second full week of summer vacation has come and gone, and we’re finally starting to settle into our summer routine. The Boy has been somewhat resistant – we’re not big fans of change here at the Pathologically Literate Household – but is slowly catching on. The best part is this, though – even though I’ve already increased Reading Time to 60 minutes a day, The Boy has been enjoying the books I picked out for him so much that he’s spending extra time reading on his own! Yes! My duplicitous literary plans are finally coming to fruition! Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Speaking of literary plans, I am way behind on reviews for the books I’ve been reading – I hope to catch up on that this week. In the meantime, here’s where I stand at the moment:
Books I read this week:
- Every Last One by Anna Quindlen
- A Mighty Long Way: My Journey to Justice at Little Rock Central High School by Carlotta Walls LaNier
- The Plague of Doves by Louise Erdrich
- Is This Tomorrow by Caroline Leavitt
- Speaking From Among The Bones by Alan Bradley
Book I’m currently in the middle of:
- The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
Books I reviewed this week:
- The Finishing School by Gail Godwin
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- Benjamin Franklin’s Bastard by Sally Cabot
Upcoming reviews for the week of June 10, 2013:
And that, my friends, is my weekly review. I hope you had a good week, and I hope the coming week is even better. The weather here has been just perfect – not too hot, and not too cool. Hope it’s the way you like it where you are, too. Happy Summer!
What did you read this week?